Monday, October 24, 2011

Remembering Roland and Supporting Uncle Gary

I still can't really get my brain wrapped around Rolly not being here with us, at least not in the way we are used to recognizing. I have found myself comforted with the "answers" and lack of answers I have been giving Addison about Roland. While I don't fully know what I do and don't believe about certain spiritual questions, I have decided to embrace the childlike wonder and imagination and with Halloween around the corner, right now Roland is a friendly visitor in our home.

My sister and I are starting this blog in hopes it can be a way to remember Roland, to laugh and cry, and to keep him alive through a celebration and remembering of his gorgeous smile, funny ways and how he didn't take life too seriously. Seems important to follow his lead. He was silly and irreverent and I am trying to learn from that.

We also want this to be a way to express our support to Uncle Gary and to acknolwedge the wonderful relationship he and Rolly shared--- filled with love, humor, and romance.

We hope others will also share and post their thoughts, feelings and memories of Roland, as well as their support for Uncle Gary.

Roland, you are with us. Uncle Gary, we hope this blog connects people from all over, who love you and Roland, wrapping one HUGE ol' hug around you.

Much love,
Jess, JC, Addie and Samantha

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Jess and Erin for your creative thoughtfulness, love and compassion. We all adored Roland and mourn the loss of such a wonderful man and loving partner/spouse of Gary. I truly believe he knew how much he was loved and will be forever missed. My heart breaks for Gary's loss and our newest angel watching over us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jessica,

    I met your uncles at a party your parents hosted one Christmas. What I remember about Roland was his smile and his happy personality. Being around him made me smile.

    I wish Gary and your whole family peace during this time. It is difficult. I believe in Jesus, so I believe that Roland is up in heaven smiling down on all of you.

    Whatever your belief, please find comfort that his smiles and happy personality touched many people.

    Love, Denise Miles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this. My twin talked about you and how much you meant to him. He loved being a part your family. Your family welcomed him with open arms, thank you for loving him so. We are defined by those we keep close. He was blessed to know such love.

    He was a great person with such a beautiful soul. He was strong and stood up for what he believed in. He believed in the love he shared with Gary.

    He was taken too soon.

    ReplyDelete