Friday, October 28, 2011

Guestbook from the Austin American Statesman

My family and I felt blessed to have this wonderful man in our lives for 16 1/2 years. His humor, wit, kindness, and love will be forever missed. Our hearts ache for his devoted partner Gary and the Chavez family, especially Roland's mother and twin, Rod.
 
Roland was one of those unforgettable people that left a smile on your soul...I will never forget him! My thoughts are with all of you because during this time...His B&T family in SF miss him greatly!
 
A kind and gentle soul, a wonderful and loving companion to Gary, and a true joy of a man. He will be missed and our family is sad to know of his sudden passing. Our hearts are broken with yours, Gary.
 
I worked with Roland in San Francisco for over two years. Roland and I had a lot in common, as I am from Austin and went to college there. I used to call him "old man" because he was two months older than I; but I never thought he would leave our world so soon. Roland reminded me of my brothers: he liked to tease his women friends, but underneath it he was so gentle and protective of us. His passing has left a huge hole in my heart, and Gary and the Chavez family are in my thoughts and prayers.
My prayers are with all the people Roland loved. He seemed such a happy and loving individual; therefore, he was obviously loved and cared for by his family. We were all lucky to have such an individual touch our lives. Bless all of you!

Roland was the best guy ever! All of us loved him and will miss him greatly.
So sorry to hear about Rolando's passing. I have nothing but fond memories of Rolando from band. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
 
So sorry for this loss ... Rolando nothing but good times in band ... Those fun times and unique bonds are lifetime and I will never forget ... I can still see you playing French Horn ... GOD BLESS
 
You were and always be a very good friend and classmate, God bless you, rest in peace and you will be missed!!
- Elena Lopez Marcum (San Antonio, TX)
 
My deepest condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.- Sonia Longoria, from Mission, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment